lunes, 20 de septiembre de 2010

SICKO...imposing documentary film!


Hello everybody!! In this oportunity my post is about a documentary film called SICKO.
First I want to say that the activity related with movie was good, overcoat the idea to listen all time people speak in english. Furthermore the health topic mentioned is so relevance for the future as midwife or as health professional.
But I don´t like that movie didn´t have subtitles in english and at first, I feel a little confused because I don´t know movie´s logic.
I saw the French Health System part, in this country it is based on the principle of solidarity, guarantying financial protection against life´s contingencies for everyone.
The health is free for everybody, it is funded by government (in 65%) and the employers (in 35%). Mainly the funds depends of taxes that are high; then the French Life is very expensive for example food and houses are expensive.
The Chilean Health System is mixed, depends of public and private funds. But the most important difference is that quality is better in the private area, and quality is bad in the public area. If you want associate with private system only need money and steady job, but if you want associate with public system you are classified according to you needs. Now if you want to have free health must be indigent or receive a minimun salary and ONLY in public health centres.
To improve this situation should raise taxes.

I hope that you enjoy my post!

See you in class!



2 comentarios:

  1. Hello Elena, I liked the film Sicko but was large, is true that in countries you can save dinner in someone stuff but pay more in other.

    Bay

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hilove!

    With this film we could to see that who country, we need a BIG change...

    I love you!! kisses

    ResponderBorrar