martes, 15 de junio de 2010

"Save the last dance"


Hello everybody!

Today my post is about my favourite movie, it is "Save the last dance" (the name of this movie in spanish is "Pasión y baile").
This film is of the romantic drama genre, was written by Duane Adler and directed by Thomas Carter. It was produced by MTV Films and released by Paramount Pictures on January 12, 2001.

The main theme of the film is the teenage interracial relationship between Sara (Julia Stiles) and Derek (Sean Patrick Thomas), where he helps the main character (Sara) to come back to take her ballet classes, that she had left.

The whole story begins when Sara was in an audition to be admitted to study at Julliard (it is a performing arts conservatory) and invited her mother to attend, but the mother in her attempt to arrive on time for the daughter´s presentation suffers a terrible car accident and she dies.
After her mother´s death , Sara should go live with her father and with him she had little communication. He plays the trumpet in a jazz band and lives in a predominantly black neighborhood on Chicago's South Side. At her new high school, Sara is one of only a handful of white girls. She soon befriends Chenille (Kerry Washington), she is the Derek´s sister. Chenille invites to Sara a hip hop club, here Sara knows better to Derek and begin a friendship. As time passes Derek begins to teach hip hop dancing to Sara and and encourages to resume her ballet classes, now they have a romantic relationship.

Their relationship becomes complicated by the envy that generates Sara, for Derek's girlfriend, because he is one of the best students in that school and one of the few who has a good future. Despite this he helps Sara to prepare her contemporary dance audition for Julliard.

The other part of this movie you must see, because is a really good movie!! I like it, because is a mixture of romanticism and dance; and I love the dance in all their aspect.

I hope that you enjoy my post!

See you soon!




1 comentario:

  1. Hi my pretty love! <3

    =O but this is the movie that we couldnt download =(

    I only heard of this for you, because you love this movie and I remember yet, when you say me : " ...I love the black boy of this movie..." hahahahahhahahaha!

    I know that you dance better than all people of this movie =)

    I love you!! Kisses

    ResponderBorrar