jueves, 3 de junio de 2010

Prejudice...


In this opportunity my post is about the gender roles in health care!
Actually, in Midwifery exist man and women students, but in the past only women study this career, the same happen with nursing.
The benefit to man midwive is that the women prefer be attended to man, because she think that men are more delicate with her.
The drawbacks to man midwive are mainly psychological , because like in the mayority of the cases the midwive are women, for this they may be teased by their friends, family or others who study health careers.
Another career affected by problems in gender roles may be Nursing, because their courses are formed mostly of women is seen as a career for women.
To reduce the gender problems I can spread that the men in this career are very good partners in the university´s work, in the practices, furthermore is not relevant that a midwive is woman or man, both have the same knowledge.
I think that the gender roles, in developed countries, is not a problem; because the women and men have the same rigths. But in countries little developed the difference between women and men are most evident.

I hope that you enjoy my post!

See you soon!

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi my love <3

    I think that the gender problem is a sub-developed countries because the mentalist maleness still exists. In Chile, been gradually decreasing this.

    Kisses, and I Love YOU! (º3º)

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hi Elena!!

    I like very much that you say things that we can do to reduce prejudice suffered by our classmates.
    I totally agree!! ;D

    Cheers!!
    Bye

    ResponderBorrar